- All courses and communications during the programme are conducted in English. I understand that I need to have, and that I am solely responsible for having, sufficient English language skills to be able to understand and follow the courses fully, and to communicate with the Programme Director adequately. I understand that no refund can be claimed if I am unable to understand, complete or pass the course examinations because of my limited English language skills.
- I acknowledge that my place on the programme shall only be secured after I have paid the registration fee invoice which shall be issued when Cambridge Summer Institute confirms my participation.
- I am solely responsible for obtaining all and any valid legal documents (passport, visa etc.) which are required to travel to the host country. I am solely responsible for ensuring that my travel documents are in accordance with the requirements of the country or countries that I am traveling during the programme, and it is my sole obligation to be adequately informed about the respective domestic laws for such country or countries and/or any other requirements or travel restrictions.
- I understand that I will be subject to the laws of the host country. I agree to educate myself about these laws and to completely comply with those laws, including refraining from using, possessing or selling any drugs and/or other materials, such as weapons or picture, print, written or audio media that might be restricted or prohibited under the said domestic laws. I understand that possession of any such materials can be grounds for immediate expulsion from the programme, without refund. Further, any investigation against my person by any law enforcement agency may trigger my immediate expulsion from the programme. Such expulsion lays in the sole discretion of Cambridge Summer Institute via the Programme Director. In addition, I understand that should I have any legal problems in the host country, I will be responsible for any legal costs, including but not limited to, lawyer’s fees, court fees, translator’s fees, etc., which are incurred as a result. Cambridge Summer Institute cannot provide legal counsel in such circumstances, and cannot provide any other support in such cases. If Cambridge Summer Institute incurs any costs that arise out of my unlawful behaviour, I shall reimburse Cambridge Summer Institute fully for these costs on first demand.
- Cambridge Summer Institute strongly recommends against owning or operating motor vehicles (including motorcycles, mopeds, cars and all other motorized vehicles) while in the host country, due to the inherent dangers of driving in a country with different traffic laws, driving habits, and insurance regulations. If, however, I do decide to operate a motor vehicle whilst in the host country, I recognize that Cambridge Summer Institute and its agents or employees assume no responsibility for my safety and for costs or difficulties that I may incur, and that I participate in these activities at my own risk and that additional insurance might be required. It is my sole responsibility to obey all laws and driving regulations in the host country.
- I understand and acknowledge that there are inherent health risks associated with travelling abroad. I agree that I am solely and personally responsible for obtaining all health information, instructions, consultations, medical procedures, immunizations and medications appropriate and required by law and/or Cambridge Summer Institute for my intended travel. I recognize that Cambridge Summer Institute is not responsible for any of my medical or medication needs and I assume all risk and responsibility thereof. I further agree that if I become incapacitated, Cambridge Summer Institute, through its agents and employees, may take whatever action is deemed necessary with respect to my health and safety. I hereby authorize Cambridge Summer Institute, its agents and employees to place me, at their sole discretion and without my further consent, in a hospital or in the care of a local doctor for medical services and treatment, as they think fit. If necessary or desirable and recommended by a doctor, I also authorize them to transport me back to my home country by commercial airline or otherwise for medical treatment, as they think fit. I agree that I will be fully and solely responsible for any and all expenses, including but not limited to transportation costs, treatment costs, and medical staff costs, associated with or in any way related to my medical care. I hereby waive any and all rights that I, my heirs, executors, administrators and assignees might have against Cambridge Summer Institute in regard of any action taken by Cambridge Summer Institute, if I become sick or injured whilst in the host country. Furthermore, I shall indemnify Cambridge Summer Institute for all and any costs incurred by Cambridge Summer Institute that arise from my medical treatments without any limitations.
- I understand that Cambridge Summer Institute strongly recommends that I visit a travel clinic/doctor to receive additional, country-specific health and travel information, and I will provide a copy of a certification that I do not present any health risks to the public health of the host country.
- I understand that if I engage in any recreational activities, such as sports, tours, travel, or any other activities either as part of the programme, or during free-time outside of the organized programme activities, then Cambridge Summer Institute and its agents or employees shall assume no responsibility whatsoever for my safety, health, personal belongings, or any other liability for costs or difficulties that I may incur, and that I participate in these activities fully at my own risk, without any liability for Cambridge Summer Institute.
- I agree that in the event that I become detached from the programme group due to failure to meet the programme group at an assigned time and place, I will bear all responsibility to seek out, contact, and reach the programme group at its next available destination and I understand that I will bear all the costs involved in contacting and reaching the programme group. Cambridge Summer Institute shall not be responsible for any costs arising out of my failure to meet the programme group at an assigned time and place, and shall not be required to take any action to meet me. If Cambridge Summer Institute incurs any costs arising out or in connection with my failure to meet the programme group at an assigned time and place, I shall completely reimburse Cambridge Summer Institute for all such costs on first demand.
- I understand that Cambridge Summer Institute reserves the right to make cancellations, changes or substitutions in the programme at anytime due to an emergency, changed conditions or the Programme Director’s determination or any other reason, when such changes or substitutions are in the best interest of the programme or its participants.
- I understand that Cambridge Summer Institute is not responsible for the costs of replacing airline tickets if my chosen carrier cease to operate.
- Cambridge Summer Institute is not liable for a failure to perform its obligations if such failure is as a result of Force Majeure. Force Majeure is defined as an act of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labour dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service. In such case, no refund shall be due to me.
- I understand that if my participation in the programme is terminated by the Programme Director due to whatsoever reason, I will be dismissed with no refund of fees. If I am dismissed before completion of the programme, I agree that I will be responsible for any and all costs and expenses associated with my return home, and that I will also be responsible for my own travel arrangements at home. I also understand that if I leave the programme voluntarily for any reason, including illness, I will be responsible for any and all costs and expenses associated with my return home and that there will be no refund of any fees. The decision to terminate my participation in the programme lies in the sole discretion of Cambridge Summer Institute and/or the Programme Director.
- I understand that if this programme contains any alcohol-related cultural event, that this event is not compulsory, and that I will be solely responsible for any injuries or property damage arising in relation to my participation in the event. I further confirm that I will only consume alcohol within my limitations and I will not do any act that will negatively influence the prestige and reputation of my university, Cambridge Summer Institute or any other person or institution related to the programme.
- I understand that engaging in a political activity in the host country, including but not limited to joining political parties or unions, participating in demonstrations, soliciting political material or picketing may be dangerous or against the laws of the host country. If I have legal problems because of such activities, I understand that Cambridge Summer Institute cannot provide legal counsel. I agree that I will not participate in any activity, legal or illegal, that could negatively influence the reputation of the programme, Cambridge Summer Institute, or any affiliated persons or institutions. If Cambridge Summer Institute or the programme experiences any negative consequences due to my activities, I shall be responsible for all and any costs incurred or damage suffered by Cambridge Summer Institute.
- I understand and agree that there are unavoidable risks in studying and travelling outside my home country, and I hereby release and confirm on behalf of myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assignees, not to sue Cambridge Summer Institute, or its employees, officers, regents and agents, for any damages or injury (including death) caused by, derived from, or associated with my participation in the programme, except for such damages or injury as may be caused by the gross negligence of wilful misconduct of Cambridge Summer Institute, or its employees, officers, regents and agents. It is my express intent that this release shall bind the members of my family and spouse if I am alive, and my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a Release, Waiver, Discharge, and Covenant Not to Sue the above-mentioned parties.
- I agree that, should any provision or aspect of this agreement be found to be unenforceable, all remaining provisions of this agreement will remain in full force and effect.
- I agree to receive information updates before, during and after the programme from Cambridge Summer Institute. Cambridge Summer Institute is entitled to give their partners (e.g. companies, law firms, institutions, media, etc.) access to the alumni network which shall include my contact details.
- I agree that Cambridge Summer Institute might use my personal information, such as name, and or pictures taken of me during the time of the programme for further marketing purposes, such as on the webpage of Cambridge Summer Institute or any printed materials.
- I agree to receive the newsletter of Cambridge Summer Institute before, during and after the programme.
- I agree that this agreement shall be governed by the law of Hong Kong S.A.R. Further I agree that, should there be any dispute concerning my participation in the programme, my application or this agreement that would require the adjudication of a court of law, such adjudication will occur in the courts of, and be determined by the laws and the ordinary courts of Hong Kong S.A.R.
- I certify that my agreement to the provisions contained herein is wholly voluntary. I certify that I am at least 18 years. I certify that I have read and understood the above.
CBL International Cambridge Summer Institute is run by our partner CBL International Oxbridge Programmes Ltd.. We are very proud to announce that CBL International Oxbridge Programmes Ltd. is accredited by the British Accreditation Council.